The HMI Annual Graduation Ceremony 2015 was held on 2 December 2015. Congratulations!
HMI, nationally accredited college and clinic of hypnotherapy that has been serving the Southern California area for more than 49 years.
HMI was founded in 1968 by Dr. John Kappas. Dr. Kappas literally defined the profession of hypnotherapy in 1973, when he wrote and defined the profession of a “Hypnotherapist” in the Federal Dictionary of Occupational Titles (079.157-010). That definition of a Hypnotherapist remains in force and unchanged today.
Celebrating over four decades of excellence, HMI has earned the distinction of being the first hypnotherapy training program to become nationally accredited, by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, in Washington, D.C.
HMI’s hypnotherapy clinic is home to over 50 Certified Hypnotherapists and serves more than 200 clients a week. HMI estimates that it has provided more than 250,000 hours of private hypnotherapy services in its 49 year history. It is this clinical experience that provides the foundation for HMI’s Hypnotherapy Certification Training and Internship program. HMI strives to offer the most extensive and thorough hypnotherapy training and internship program available today.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE), Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) as a provider for continuing education credits for California licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and licensed Clinical Social Workers.
- Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) as a provider of continuing education credits for Registered Nurses.
- Approved by the Dental Board of California (DBC) as a provider of continuing education credits for licensed Dentists and Dental Assistants.
- Approved by the Hypnotherapists Union Local 472 as an educational provider for Certification in Hypnotherapy.